June 20, 2007
International Residents’ Exhibition 2006-2007 – CURATOR/ARTIST TALK
Join Nathalie Anglès, Director of the Residency Program at Location One, invited guest Miguel Amado (Curator and critic, Curatorial Fellow at Rhizome.org) for a walk-through and discussion of the exhibition.
The exhibition features new work and installations developed by nine artists who have been in residence at Location One in 2006-2007. It represents a diverse range of artistic approaches and many are works in progress.
- Jeanette Doyle (Ireland) / St. Patrick’s Day NY 2006-07
- Cliff Evans (USA) / Bare Life: Booth Girls and Stormtroopers: Accumulation
- Krist Gruijthuijsen (The Netherlands) / Alan (a memoir)
- Juei-Hsien Hsu (Taiwan) / Between
- SoYoun Jeong (Korea) / Natural Strawberry Flavor
- Miguel Palma (Portugal) / Deep Breath
- Bundith Phunsombatlert (Thailand) / English Lesson (Something We Learn From One Another)
- Jani Ruscica (Finland) / Futurama
- Eric Van Hove (Belgium) / Ecumenopolis